Subject: Creating Cross-GCC on Win-NT problems - newbie
From: Pierre Schirrer <[email-masked]>
To: "'cygwin'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:54:01 +0200

Hello all,

I am trying to build a cross gcc for m68k on a Windows NT4 box and I am 
running into several problems :

What are the exact configure and make commands to build a cross development 
environement ?
I've read the cross-gcc FAQ but I don't get the answers I am looking for :

	- how to build the libraries
	- how to set up the compiler et al. to do the work ?

Here is what I have done :

	Loaded the full release from CYGNUS (b20.1)
	Loaded the dev-src release from CYGNUS
	Installed and decrompressed all

	Cygwin is running in a window
	cd to the src directory
	./configure --prefix=mydir/m68k --target=m68k-bdm-coff
	make all install

The tools gcc, as, ld get done correctly, but not all of the libraries get 
done, e.g. crt0.o. I have found the src/libgloss/m68k that contains crt0.S, 
and some include and link stuff for the target. Why dit'nt this get done by 
make (the makefile is not created here, and running configure here does not 
work) ?

What am I missing ?

Why is make complaining about things it cannot do (can not find install-sh 
or install.sh in ./../.. ././../..) ?

Thanks for any input.

P.S. : if running GNU under WINBUG is too much of a hassle, I can switch to 
Linux. Is that part of the answer ?

Cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------  
--------------------------
P. SCHIRRER                                           	SCHLUMBERGER SYSTEMS
Vehicule Access Control			Parc Lafayette
Technical Project Manager			6, rue I. Newton
Tel : +33 3 81546849			25075 BESANCON
Fax: +33 3 81527638			FRANCE
mailto:[email-masked]     		http://www.slb.com/smartcards/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]