Subject: [ANN] Apache 1.3.9 (DLL), PHP 4.0 beta 2 ports released
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 10:25:03 +0200

This is an announcement of our latest cygwin ports for the releases

    apache_1.3.9-cygwin
    php-4.0b2-cygwin

The source packages may be found in the download section of our
project's web site at

    http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

These ports should synchronize our apache and php ports to the current
releases of the official developers.

Since release apache_1.3.9-cygwin we are now supporting the dynamic
loadable library (DLL) build mode to create a dynamic linkable
"libhttpd.dll" library. Any additional modules may be compiled into this

DLL to decrease the resource needs of the server and hence tune the
performance at least on Windows NT systems, since Windows 9x platforms
are still not supported for multi-process mode operation.

We are still dealing with the folks at the ASF (Apache Software
Foundation) to include our cygwin patch to the official source
distribution. You may contribute to this effort by posting a proposal to

the developers mailing list at "[email-masked]".

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economics & Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]