Subject: Re: converting diff tool to java
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Ronel Sumibcay <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:14:09 -0400

I'm sorry to say that this is completely off-topic for this mailing list.
I think that you'd be much better served by looking into a mailing list
that deals specifically with Java.

-chris

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 01:25:55PM -0700, Ronel Sumibcay wrote:
>I'm working on a Java application that needs diff functionality. I'm
>currently looking into porting the c source of diff to a java version. I'd
>like to add the ability for the Java version to accept two data streams for
>comparison, rather than going through the file system.
>
>Are there any known projects that can help me on this endeavor? Or any
>documentation you can point me to to help me better understand the diff
>source? What I'm hoping to understand are portions that are not necessary to
>port over to java. For example, alot of the stat stuff can be left out. 
>I'd also like to better understand the actual algorithm that performs the
>diff.
>
>I'd like to start off with functionality that just compares data within
>streams, and then add the file and directory command line functionity 
>and options later.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]