Subject: Re: strtoll() and strtoull()
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:04:43 -0400

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 10:07:57AM +0200, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
>
>>>>>> Mumit Khan writes:
>
>Mumit> If you do mean strtoll/strtoull (ie., *two* l's at the end),
>Mumit> these are not in any standard I know of. If the two 'l's at the
>Mumit> end refer to the long long version, those are non-standard and
>Mumit> newlib doesn't implement it. Newlib maintainers will accept
>Mumit> patches of course.
>
>Of course, I mean strtoll/strtoull. And they are at least very close
>to standard. Besides that, they make a whole lot of sense since the
>gcc supports long long and friends.
>
>Anyway, is it legal to simply copy the implementation of strtoll() and
>strtoull() from glibc? Or do you have to implement it from scratch for
>some reason?

We can't use glibc routines in cygwin.  That's why we have newlib.

-Chris Faylor
-Cygwin Manager
-Cygnus Solutions

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]