Subject: For the FAQ: NT PATH problems
From: "Kai Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:24:53 +0200

Q: I'm on NT, and bash can't find any commands unless I give the 
whole pathname. CYGWIN.BAT sets the PATH, but bash doesn't 
see this - it magically disappears again.

A: Under Settings/Control Panel/System/Environment, there are 
system and user variables. You need to have both a "Path" entry in 
the upper window, and a "PATH" entry in the lower window. The 
latter is probably missing.

Just type PATH into the Variable field, leave Value blank, and click 
on Set. 

(Don't ask me why Microsoft decided to do it this way.)

>>> Someone with an US NT should check that I guessed all the 
translations right.

Regards - Kai Henningsen

-- 
http://www.cats.ms
Spuentrup CTI       Fon: +49 251 322311 0  
Windbreede 12       Fax: +49 251 322311 99
D-48157 Münster     Mob: +49 161 3223111
Germany             GSM: +49 171 7755060

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]