Subject: Re: Cygwin-b20 Help!
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: Kris Powell <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:08:13 +1000

Kris Powell wrote:

> I run the "cygwin-b20" from the start menu.
> It used to say somthing like "out of area space."  Now it just says "bad
> command or file name."

The cywin-b20 in the start menu is a shortcut which points to a batch file
(cygnus.bat) in the installation directory.  Command of filename not found
indicates that one of the following :
- the batch file is missing
- your have moved your cygnus installation
- The shortcut file (c:/windows/start menu/programs/cygwin b20) does not
point to the batch file anymore.

Have a look at the properties of the shortcut file and make sure it points to
the cygnus.bat file AND that the cygnus.bat file exists.

> If I run bash separatly from cygwin-b20, none of the commands work.  IE: I
> type ls, it says
> " "C:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/i586-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe"-2.02: ls: command not
> found"

This indicates that the PATH environment variable has not been setup
correctly.  This is most likely due to the problem above as I believe the
PATH variable is initially setup via the batch file.

Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]