Subject: Re: bashdb
From: "Gary V. Vaughan" <[email-masked]>
To: Clark Sims <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:21:35 +0100

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 05:32:30AM -0700,  Clark Sims  wrote:
> I noticed that bashdb is not included with the standard release. 
> If I download it from another source can I expect it to work under
> Cygnus - bash?

If you are referring to the bashdb script I wrote last year (it is
available from my homepage), the answer is yes.  I developed it under
cygwin, from the examples in the O'Reilly Korn Shell book to help me
get to grips with the internals of libtool.  It still has some thorny
problems which need resolving if it is to become a truly useful
project, but there are some ideas languishing towards the bottom of my
TODO list if anyone is interested in taking it a bit further (and
doesn't want to wait for me to do it)... O'Reilly have given their
blessing to starting a GPL project from the code too! 

On the other hand if there is some other bashdb project out there, I
would be interested to see it.  Maybe we could join forces =)O|

Cheers,
	Gary.
-- 
  ___              _   ___   __              _  email:[email-masked]
 / __|__ _ _ ___ _| | / / | / /_ _ _  _ __ _| |_  __ _ ___       [email-masked] 
| (_ / _` | '_|// / |/ /| |/ / _` | || / _` | ' \/ _` | _ \
 \___\__,_|_|\_, /|___(_)___/\__,_|\_,_\__, |_||_\__,_|//_/
home page:  /___/                      /___/                pgp-2 public key:
http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk               http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/pgp

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]