Subject: Re: Vanishing mounts
From: Paul Berrevoets <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:51:07 -0400

I had "vanishing mounts" months ago. In my case, the problem was this:

I had a cygwin application installed as a service using the account
LocalSystem that was started automatically by the service manager when the
system started. The cygwin1.dll initialization would get the mount table
from the LocalSystem user profile (which would be empty) and that would be
it. If I logged in, and started a bash shell and added mount points, they
would be added to _my_ user profile, and therefore would not be seen when
the system restarted.

I believe Sergey's CoolView has an inetd service which could display similar
behaviour depending on how it is installed.

The following lines in src/winsup/winsup.h say it all:
class shared_info {...
  /* FIXME: Doesn't work if more than one user on system. */
  mount_info mount;
...};

In the meantime, this should be FAQ'ed
--
Paul

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]