Subject: Re: distribute gnuwin32
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Jan-Friedrich Mutter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:38:26 -0400

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 10:13:39AM +0200, Jan-Friedrich Mutter wrote:
>for my diploma thesis, I'd like to distibute my source code on a cdrom (no
>commercial use). My Makefile works only with the gnuwin32 environment. Am I
>allowed to distribute gnuwin32-xxx.exe with that cdrom ?
>
>Thanks in advance,

I don't know what you mean by gnuwin32-xxx.exe but if you have a program
that is using the Cygwin DLL then you must distribute the software under
the terms of the GNU Public License.  That basically means that your
source code, the source code for the Cygwin DLL, and the source code for
any other related programs you distribute must be made available under
those terms.

Check out the GPL at www.gnu.org for more information.

If you have further questions about the cygwin license, send email to
[email-masked].  I have directed the Reply-To to this address.

-Chris Faylor
-Win32 Manager
-Cygnus Solutions

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]