Subject: Re: automatic relocation problem? (WAS: problem with 3rd party lib)
From: Thomas Kowatsch <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:46:22 +0200

Mumit Khan wrote:

> Thomas Kowatsch <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> > I think my 3rd party library is using the MSVCRT runtime. Is thereany
> > way I can use this 3rd party lib then and cygwin?
> >
>
> There are times when it will work, and there are times when it won't.
> It's not a simple issue, believe me.
>
> > Is this a general problem that MSVC libraries are not usable? So
> > the 3rd party vendor has to support a cygwin version?
>
> That would be nice of course.
>
> Before you do anything further, please fix your DLL making process and
> *remove* the erroneous entry point. Never override the entry point for
> any DLL unless you really know what you're doing (and if you do, ignore
> the rest of the paragraph). The way to handle this is to simply supply
> your own DllMain that will be called automatically by the default entry
> point. In your case, just don't use the library supplied one (ie., don't
> provide one and the linker will pick up the one in the library) since
> you don't do anything special.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Is it the --entry in followingcommand?

  dllwrap --export-all --output-def libxx.def --entry DllEntryPoint@12
--implib libxx.a -o libxx.dll

>
>
> Doing the above of course doesn't mean that this particular case is going
> to work of course!
>
> Regards,
> Mumit

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Kowatsch                      | - Senior Software Engineer -
Switching Test Solutions AG          | mailto: [email-masked]
Wavetek Wandel & Goltermann Divison5 | web   : http://www.stest.com
Friesenbergstr. 75                   | Phone : +41 1 454-6731
CH-8055 Zuerich                      | FAX   : +41 1 454-6612

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]