Subject: Re: recursive grep
From: "The Tolands" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dan Richards" <[email-masked]>, "cygwin cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:40:56 -0500

Actually, GNU grep 2.3 supports recursion, don't know about earlier
versions.   From the GNU grep 2.3 man page:

       -d ACTION, --directories=ACTION
              If an input file is a directory, use ACTION to pro<AD>
              cess it.  By default, ACTION is read,  which  means
              that  directories  are  read  just  as if they were
              ordinary files.  If ACTION is skip, directories are
              silently skipped.  If ACTION is recurse, grep reads
              all files under each directory,  recursively;  this
              is equivalent to the -r option.
        ...
       -r, --recursive
              Read  all  files under each directory, recursively;
              this is equivalent to the -d recurse option.

This version builds fine on cygwin right out of the tarball.  With a few
slight tweaks it will also compile with VC 6.  Email me if you want patches
for VC 6.

phil
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]