Subject: Re: builtin functions missing
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Jones <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:01:38 -0400

declare is not a standard /bin/sh command.  It may be a bash function
but bash != sh.

-chris

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 04:04:57PM -0400, Christopher Jones wrote:
>The problem I have is that builtins like 'declare' seem to not exist if I
>run a simple script as 'myscript.sh' from within bash, but do exist if I
>instead run the script as 'bash myscript.sh'.  The script starts with a line
>like "#!/bin/sh" and /bin is a symbolic link to the mounted drive/directory
>of cygwin (mount in the DOS sense of the word),
>/usr/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/.
>
>I'm hoping someone can point me to information on how to fix this.  I've not
>seen anything concerning this in my searches through the archive and on the
>web though that doesn't mean it isn't there.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]