Subject: Re: New snapshots and old binaries
From: Jon Maltz <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:21:48 -0400

Sigh...

I installed Cygwin b20.1 from a newly downloaded full.exe on a test box,
untar'd Mumit's gcc-2.95, installed coolview, untar'd
gcc-2.95-dev-ss.tar.gz, and compiled the simplest c++ app I could think of.
 While I was previously entertained by a ton of ctype errors, it now
compiles, but won't run.

bash-2.02$ g++ hello.cpp -o test2
bash-2.02$ ./test2
    0       0 [main] g:\cygnus\usr\home\test2.exe 1073 handle_exceptions:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    0   30303 [main] test2 1073 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
test2.exe.stackdump
bash-2.02$

C apps compile and run just fine.

Jon

Guess I will have to rebuild gcc-2.95...well, might as well go for 2.95.1
then.

At 03:45 AM 8/31/99 -0400, Charles S. Wilson wrote something like this:
>Jon Maltz wrote:
>
>> Using Sergey's coolview cygwin1.dll and libcygwin.a, I can't compile
>> anything with Mumit's gcc-2.95, not even something as simple as a Hello,
>> World program.  Sergey said that dll was more b21 compatible than b20, so
>> the question is, how long till b21?
>>
>> Jon
>
>You must *at least* download the updated gcc libraries to use gcc-2.95
with the
>latest snapshots (e.g. the new coolview). The filename is
gcc-2.95-dev-ss.tar.gz
>and it's on Mumit's site.
>
>--Chuck
>
>
>

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]