Subject: ftp.franken.de on new machine
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
To: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Aug 1999 21:11:00 +0200

Hi *,

JFYI:
ftp.franken.de has moved to a new machine, because the old one didn't
have enough disk space and especially not enough power to deal with the
rapidly increasing traffic. The CNAME ftp.franken.de didn't change, but
the A record and also the IP address, so things relying on them won't
work anymore. I don't think, anyone used the IP or the A record, but
neveretheless I want to inform you about that fact.

Besides that, we dropped wu.ftpd in favour of proftpd.

And last, but not least, I solved the problem with my ftpd at home, so
my porters directory on ftp.franken.de is back again because the mirror
now works as expected again.

I don't expect any problems with the new machine, ftpd or configuration,
but if you face any, please inform me ASAP!

Bye.
Michael.

P.S.: For anyone who might be interested: The Cygwin mirror on
      ftp.franken.de and all the porters directories are regularily
      generating outgoing traffic of about 70 GB per month :)
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]