Subject: Re: Cygwin NT DDK Project
From: "Emanuele Aliberti" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:01:19 CEST

[__fastcall]
>That's all that's needed?  It only requires a keyword and code to generate
>the fastcalls which is minimal.  Even I can do that.  If that's what's
>needed then
>I volunteer to do it myself.  I also know as a fact that the linker needs 
>to
>be
>changed.

Also name decoration is different:

cfoo(int,int,int);
__stdcall sfoo(int,int,int);
__fastcall ffoo(int,int,int);

became

_cfoo
_sfoo@12
@ffoo@4

and, at present, dlltool can not handle symbols beginning with a '@'.

>There actually needs to be a flag set in the pe header in order for it to 
>be
>a
>valid but again that's minimal.

You are right: I forgot that. WNT checks strictly kernel modules it loads.

>Does anyone actually want this?  I figured that it would be minimal to
>implement if it weren't already implemented.  I personally think that the
>gnu tools would be a superior build environment than currently exists
>with the NT DDK.
>
>And I'd personally like to see a free nt fs kit; at a minimal all the
>required
>include headers and import libraries.  Possibly minimal documentation
>of what people have so far figured out indipendently about making such
>drivers.

The reactos source base has headers for most kernel-exported symbols that we 
currently use with egcs 1.1.2 and gcc 2.95. We still need to merge with the 
ntifs.h though. We planned an SDK/DDK for the (far?) future, but now are 
concentrating on kernel development.

>On a seperate issue.  I was posdering the possibility of a virtual
>  subsystem for nt drivers for linux.  Mostly the mini drivers such as
>printers
>and possibly video.

Some of us proposed that, but it was decided to let it to volunteers, 
because the development of support for native nt drivers is quite expensive 
in terms of code and time.

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]