Subject: Re: RCS for Cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Michael Weiser)
To: "Bernhard Bitsch" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:29:15 GMT

Hello Bernhard, you wrote:
>we want to use RCS under WIN NT. We got the binaries of the cygwin port.
>The repository is located on an Novell Netware Server.
>
>Checking out of files is without problems.
>If I want to check in a file, it is copied to a temp file in the
>repository. when RCS tries to rename it to xxx.yy,v an error "permission
>denied" is reported. Any idea what's happening?
Might it be that Netware denies some permission? Did you try what
happens if the files are located on a local drive? What do file
permissions on the Netware server look like from Windows, Netware
(FILER IIRC) and Cygwin? Do you have proper namespaces installed so
that filenames like xxx.yy,v are legal?
-- 
bye, Michael

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]