Subject: Re: Dynamically linking multiple copies
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:54:01 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 02:37:08PM -0700, James Stern wrote:
>I was about to write the above-mentioned gawk program myself when I hit
>another roadblock.  How do I tell the difference between an undefined
>function and an undefined extern variable?  'nm' marks them both 'U'.
>I need to distinguish one from the other to write that gawk script.

Hmm.  That's a good question.  objdump will also display this
information, in a much different format, but it doesn't look like it
offers this kind of info either.

Maybe you need to do a two pass operation, looking for all of the
exported symbols first, and then using that information to either
prodice a def file or add declspec(dllimport) to the appropriate
declarations.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]