Subject: Re: Possibilities for ext2fs
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Chris Telting <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:57:55 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 09:56:47AM -0700, Chris Telting wrote:
>> I'm willing to assist by setting up a cygwin-ext2 mailing list and ftp
>> repository, if that helps.
>
>You must work at cygnus.

Yes.  I manage the Cygwin project, among other things.

>I never decided to do it.  It can be done in two to three weeks but is
>it worth it?  A user mode driver would be slow.  And it would only work
>on nt(though something similar might be possible for win9x is it worth
>it?).  A kernel driver would be 6 months since it would require
>figuring out how to write kernel drivers and filesystem mini-drivers in
>cygwin.

I never thought that you'd decided.  I was only raising the possibility
of supporting you if you decided that you wanted to start the project.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]