Subject: How efficient is the g++ compipler in cygwin?
From: Leo Jingyu LEE <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:24:15 -0400

Hi, Guys:

I have compiled the same program using both VC++ 6.0 (release version)
and g++ in cygwin, and found that the g++ version takes about three
times as much time as the VC++ version to run.  The program is basically
computionally intensive with some file reading/writing.  Any commments
on this?

-- Leo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo J. LEE
Communications and Information Systems Group              ===========
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering                *    _o   #
Univ. of Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1, CANADA               *  _ \>_  #
Office: DC-2555B, (519) 888-4567 x3726                    * (_)/(_) #
Home Phone: (519) 746-6734                                ~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]