Subject: Re: perl problems
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
To: [email-masked]
Date: 21 Aug 1999 23:57:00 +0200

Charles S. Wilson [[email-masked]] wrote:

[...]
>If you want to use modules, then you need to build perl from source
>yourself. The reason for this is that the information used to compile
>modules is built into the perl executable and scripts when perl.exe is
>built. Thus, when you try to compile modules on *your* system, using the
>perl binary I built on *my* system, the paths and stuff aren't correct.

IMHO you just have to edit lib/Config.pm to reflect your filesystem
structure. It is not necessary to rebuild perl.

>Also, as you noticed, the permissions on the /usr/lib/perl5 tree, which are
>OK on *my* system, don't work properly on *your* system (because your
>username isn't "cwilson" and the /usr/local/lib/perl5 tree after untarring
>is still owned by cwilson, most likely).

This simply can be changed with chown or by "take ownership" from
explorer.

Btw. I use the ActiveState port of perl for months now without any
problem from bash.
Only thing is, that you have to use the c: syntax for drive letters
instead of /cygdrive/ or /c/. PerlWin32 even accepts / as separator.

[...]
>--Chuck

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]