Subject: Re: Cursors do not work in bash under Win98
From: Nuno Bandeira <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Sokolovsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 18:22:05 +0100

Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> >>  What happens is that whenever I run bash using the standard supplied cygnus
> >>icon, everything works just fine (environment, bashrc, HOME) except the cursor
> >>keys... I can't edit my command line neither browse through bash's history.

>     It is known issue and really FAQ here. NEVER-EVER use m$
> localizers for your console font/keyboard layout (keyb and stuff)!
> Use your favorite local localizer you used last 10 years
> (keyrus for cyrillic, for example). (It doesn't mean you won't have
> problems with it, but probably problems won't be so stupid as
> inability to use cursor keys).

  Well, it _is_ boring to see the same questions asked again and again, and 
if this is the case, then this should be a good candidate for inclusion in
the FAQ (any FAQ mantainers here?)... As I said in my original posting I
_did_ searched through the FAQ and message archives with no success, so
thanks for bearing with this question _again_.

  Nevertheless, I would be a much happier person if I could understand your
answer :). Where is the default localizer configured and how could I 
reconfigure it ?  Any man pages, helps, FAQs or howtos on this ?

  Best regards,

---
Nuno Bandeira
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]