Subject: Re: newbie chmod woes -- fixed
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Johnston <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:17:38 -0400

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 01:49:18PM -0700, Paul Johnston wrote:
>I just downloaded cygwin (GNU bash, version 2.02.1(2)-release
>(i586-pc-cygwin32), running on NT4sp4/NTFS) -- most things working fine, but
>I couldn't seem to coerce chmod to work.
>
>$ chmod a+x myScript returns silent, but has no apparent effect.
>
>Searched the user guide/archives, found:
>
>$ set CYGWIN=ntea

This would be a command to type at the windows command shell prompt, it's
not something that you would issue as a bash command.

>As a cygwin / bash newbie, I don't have a good grasp why one worked and
>the other didn't, but at least it worked.  So, I thought I'd post this
>to the list to put it in the archives.  A better place is a
>'faq-o-matic', but I don't know of one for this project.  Would be a
>good idea though.

Somehow, you got to the archives but missed the FAQ?

It also sounds like you missed the documentation available on the cygwin
home page.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]