Subject: Canadian build of Insight for Cygwin SUCCESS.
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: "Insight (GDB GUI)" <[email-masked]>, Cross-GCC <[email-masked]>, CygWin32 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:05:08 +1000

I have managed to build Insight targeted for powerpc-eabi and hosted on
cygwin.  The build machine was a linux box of course :)

I had problems in the build with termcap.h not being found.  I checked
the dev-cygwin source and found that there was a src/libtermcap
directory but nothing in the configure file.  Also the full.exe does not
install any termcap files.  Anyway, I did not know what to do with it so
I did the following.
* changed directory to src/libtermcap
* made a directory called BUILD and changed to it
* typed "../configure -- target=i586-cygwin32 --prefix=/usr/local/gcc
--program-prefix=i586-cygwin32- --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld -v
* typed "make all" and it compiled but it used the naitive compiler (ie.
linux) instead of i586-cygwin32-gcc.  So I then typed "make
CC=i586-cygwin32-gcc all" and the correct compiler was used.
* ranlib was invoked on libtermcap.a but again the naitve version was
used so I had to run it manually with "i586-cygwin32-randlib
libtermcap.a"
* "make install" installed the files in /usr/local/gcc/lib and
/usr/local/gcc/include but this is also wrong.  So I copied them to
/usr/local/gcc/i586-cygwin32/lib and /usr/local/cygwin32/include.

The canadian build of Insight now completes and a powerpc-eabi-gdb.exe
file is generated.  I believe that this name is confusing.  It should be
called powerpc-eabi-insight[.exe] as it is not the build of the official
gdb sources.  I rename it on my system.

I haven't tried it to see if runs yet but I will do that today with the
wiggler BDM I have at work.

Cheers,
Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]