Subject: Re: Description of the new 'ntsec' feature
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Jim & Jenn Dumser <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:57:05 -0400

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 09:22:54PM -0500, Jim & Jenn Dumser wrote:
>After checking into it a little more, the vim.exe that I was using was
>fairly old (it was using cygwinb19.dll); but the core dumps happened
>with current executables as well (e.g., less.exe from the b20.1
>distribution).

You're saying that a vim that was using cygwinb19.dll was core dumping
due to the use of a 19990815 DLL snapshot?  I don't understand that
at all.  However, in general, it's not a good idea to mix B1x binaries
with B20+ .  If we've done our job right this won't be an issue from
now on.

>Currently, I have CYGWIN=tty binmode ntea ntsec. If you have any other
>ideas what might be causing the core dumps, let me know.

The strace would help.  Also, the "stacdump" output might provide a
clue.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]