Subject: Canadian build of Insight
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>, "Insight (GDB GUI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:06:16 +1000

A little while ago a aske the following:

 > I downloaded insight-19990802.tar.gz last night and manged to compile
a
 > native linux version and a native-powerpc-eabi version (ie.
 > cross-debugger running on linux but targeting powerpc-eabi).  Great.
 >
 > I tried doing a Canadian build (build=i586-linux, host=i586-cygwin32,

 > target=powerpc-eabi).  It eventually died complaining that it
couldn't
 > find termcap.h or tcap.h (one of these anyway).  Now I'm not sure if
I
 > configured it wrong or am missing a file.  I think I used the
following
 > configure options (--with-headers=<newlib-path>/newlib/libc/include
 > --with-newlib) which may have confused it.
 > Do I need to use these options ?
 > Does the canadian build use the header files from the native
cross-tools
 > directories (eg. /usr/local/gcc/powerpc-eabi/include in my case) ?

James Ingham replied with:

> Anyway, newer versions of readline use termcap, so you will have to
> have the termcap libraries in the target support for your cross
> compiler.  Newer versions of Cygwin do include it (like the snapshots
> from sourceware) so you should be able to copy the libtermcap bits
> from there.  There should be appropriate configury bits there as
well...

I had a look on the sourceware for the new cygwin sources.  I found lots
of snapshots around 4MB in size.  I built my cygwin cross compiler
following Mumit Khan's howto.  It said to download the Cygwin dev
sources which are around 27MB in size.  I thought I needed an update of
this but there is only one on sourceware and it is quite old (the same
one that I have already got).  What is the difference between the dev
sources and the other snapshot soureces ?  Which ones do I need to build
an up to date cygwin package on a Linux host ?  I want to be able to
build the latest Insight code.  Are there any other pacages I need.  I
don't really want to build on a Win32 box, but would like to know if any
extra packages are required to do this (just incase I get real
desperate).

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]