Subject: RE: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )
From: Horak Daniel <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>, Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Joost Kraaijeveld'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:52:43 +0200

> On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 10:07:00AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Is it possible that the CygWin environment doesn't have a correct
> >emulation of IPC semaphores, such that a sema allocated by 
> one process
> >(the postmaster) is not available to other procs (the backends)?
> >That would explain preallocation not working --- but if 
> that's it then
> >we have major problems in other places, since the code assumes that a
> >sema once allocated will remain available to later backends.
> 
> We don't have correct emulation of IPC semapahores since they are not
> implemented at all.  I assume that if you're relying on persistent
> semaphores, then some add-on package is being used.

We are using the cygipc library from Ludovic Lange
(http://www.multione.capgemini.fr/tools/pack_ipc/) which is the only
implementation of SysV IPC for Cygwin I know.

			Dan

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]