Subject: Re: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "McCunney, Dennis" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:40:01 -0400

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 02:07:16PM -0400, McCunney, Dennis wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Chris Faylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
>> Sent: Monday, August 16, 1999 1:10 PM
>> To: Tom Lane
>> Cc: Horak Daniel; [email-masked]';
>> [email-masked]'; 'Joost Kraaijeveld'
>> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )
>> 
>>We don't have correct emulation of IPC semapahores since they are not
>>implemented at all.  I assume that if you're relying on persistent
>>semaphores, then some add-on package is being used.
>
>How about an additional section in the API FAQ with a list of stuff
>that _isn't_ implemented, together with a note for each on whether it
>isn't implemented because you haven't needed to, and if anyone does,
>please send a patch, or it isn't implemented because you don't think it
>_can_ be done in the Win32 environment, and if anyone figures out a
>way, please send a patch?

This is a good idea.  If you send me a patch for the API FAQ and I'll be
glad to add this.

If you aren't too sure what to add, you can get started with the semaphores
which were mentioned in this thread.  Also, if you peruse the mailing list
archives you should be able to find additional items.

Looking forward to your contribution...

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]