Subject: Re: post b20.1: How to disable umask and access UNC path
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:58:42 -0400

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 01:51:24PM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> ---- Chris Faylor wrote: 
>> If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, then you've just
>> outlined the solution to the problem -- use "net use" to allocate the
>> remote share to a logical drive.  Doesn't cygwin work correctly in
>> that context?
>No: it changes security on remote shares using local account information.
>
>In any case as it seems to me the simplest solution is to have an
>additional option to limit ntsec only to local drives.  Otherwise one
>has to impose NFS semantic on something that is quite orthogonal to it.
>And to do it in a reasonable way is hard...

Ah.  In that case, Corinna had some insightful comments earlier in the
thread.  I won't repeat them.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]