Subject: Re: How to clear the screen (again)?
From: [email-masked] (John R Hanson)
To: Leo Jingyu LEE <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:51:17 GMT

A mailing list search on this topic might prove fruitfull.-)

#!/bin/sh
echo.exe -n \\033[H\\033[2J

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:01:55 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi, Guys:
>
>I am running cygwin on win98 and trying to find a command to clear the
>screen for me.   I have searched through the mailing list archive for
>answers.  But ^L as suggested by Ian Zimmerman doesn't work.  I also
>downloaded the ncurses package as suggested by Michael Hirmke, but as
>the README file says, it seems to work on windows NT only.  When I try
>to use it, it gives me an error read as: 'cygwin': unknown terminal
>type.  Anymore helps?
>
>
>-- Leo
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Leo J. LEE
>Communications and Information Systems Group              ===========
>Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering                *    _o   #
>Univ. of Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1, CANADA               *  _ \>_  #
>Office: DC-2555B, (519) 888-4567 x3726                    * (_)/(_) #
>Home Phone: (519) 746-6734                                ~~~~~~~~~~~

________________________________________________________
NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet.  Shouldn't you?
Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at
http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]