Subject: Re: A number of newbie questions
From: Joshua Rosen <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Jingyu LEE <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:46:36 -0400

Leo Jingyu LEE wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> 1. Is it possible to add a scrollbar to the CYGNUS window so that I can
> see
> more than one full screen?
	The window that BASH typically runs in is just like every other
console/DOS window in MS windows--bring up a right-click menu and edit
the properties of the running window, or of the shortcut that starts
the window.

> 2. Generally I am not sure about how to customize the .bashrc file.  I
> have experience with .cshrc but seems a lot of things there do not work
> in .bashrc.  Any references for this?

The BASH documentation, either in the form of a man page, info page,
or any of the other formats available from GNU's home www-site (see
http://www.gnu.org/manual/bash)

> 2.1 How to add the current directory to the search path?  I tried a
> number of different ways but it just won't correctly understand '..'.

Because ".." means `parent directory'--"." means `current working
directory' ;)

> 2.2 How to set the prompt?

The BASH documentation.

> 2.3 How to specify the number of previous commands to remember and
> recover the .bash_history file at the next session?

The BASH documentation;)
 
> BTW, I am running this software on win98.  Thanks,

OK.

-- 
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GFA/CS/L/M/P/MU/O d(-) s:-- a? C++++$>$ UL P L+ E W+++ N-(!) o? K(--)
w(--)(---) O+++ M-- V? PS+++ PE Y+ PGP-(+++) t 5 X+ R* tv(+) b+ DI+
D---- G+++ e- h! r% y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
[email-masked] -- http://i.am/rozzin

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]