Subject: A number of newbie questions
From: Leo Jingyu LEE <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 00:55:14 -0400

Hi,

I just found this software and feels really cool to be able to run my
unix C/C++ programs on a PC without much effort.  However, due to the
limited documentation I found on the web, I still have a number of
questions.  I will be very appreciated if anyone could take his/her time
to answer the questions or point me to more resources.

1. Is it possible to add a scrollbar to the CYGNUS window so that I can
see
more than one full screen?

2. Generally I am not sure about how to customize the .bashrc file.  I
have experience with .cshrc but seems a lot of things there do not work
in .bashrc.  Any references for this?  I also list the specific
questions I have at the moment as follows:

2.1 How to add the current directory to the search path?  I tried a
number of different ways but it just won't correctly understand '..'.

2.2 How to set the prompt?

2.3 How to specify the number of previous commands to remember and
recover the .bash_history file at the next session?

BTW, I am running this software on win98.  Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo J. LEE
Communications and Information Systems Group              ===========
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering                *    _o   #
Univ. of Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1, CANADA               *  _ \>_  #
Office: DC-2555B, (519) 888-4567 x3726                    * (_)/(_) #
Home Phone: (519) 746-6734                                ~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]