Subject: Failed to build tcl8.1
From: Thomas Kowatsch <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:57:42 +0200

I just tried to compile tcl8.1 following Mumit's directions but failed.

I have dowloaded tcl8.1.1, gcc-2.95, w32api-0.1.5. I have installed the
B20.1 release and replaced compiler with gcc-2.95 from Mumit's build.
Apllied also Mumit's patch for w32api-0.1.5, maked and installed it into

my B20.1 release. Also applied the tcl8.1-cygb20.diff to the tcl8.1.1
distribution (There were two files rejected, but did the changes
manually). When I tried to compile, it looks fir winsock2.h header
file which I can't find in my B20.1. Here's the output:

> make -f Makefile.gnu
gcc  -c   -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_MT -D_DLL  -I../win -I../generic
-I/home/khan/src/w32api/include -D__WIN32__   -g -O2 -o tclAppInit.o
../wi
n/tclAppInit.c
gcc  -c -DBUILD_tcl   -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_MT -D_DLL  -I../win
-I../generic -I/home/khan/src/w32api/include -D__WIN32__   -g -O2 -o
regcom
p.o ../generic/regcomp.c
gcc  -c -DBUILD_tcl   -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_MT -D_DLL  -I../win
-I../generic -I/home/khan/src/w32api/include -D__WIN32__   -g -O2 -o
regexe
c.o ../generic/regexec.c
gcc  -c -DBUILD_tcl   -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_MT -D_DLL  -I../win
-I../generic -I/home/khan/src/w32api/include -D__WIN32__   -g -O2 -o
regfre
e.o ../generic/regfree.c
gcc  -c -DBUILD_tcl   -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_MT -D_DLL  -I../win
-I../generic -I/home/khan/src/w32api/include -D__WIN32__   -g -O2 -o
regerr
or.o ../generic/regerror.c
gcc  -c -DBUILD_tcl   -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -D_MT -D_DLL  -I../win
-I../generic -I/home/khan/src/w32api/include -D__WIN32__   -g -O2 -o
strfti
me.o ./../compat/strftime.c
In file included from ../generic/tclPort.h:22,
                 from ./../compat/strftime.c:55:
../generic/../win/tclWinPort.h:59: winsock2.h: No such file or directory

make: *** [strftime.o] Error 1

Anybody knows, what I'm doing wrong?

P.S.: I use Corinna's cygwin1.dll.
      See below for the output of cygcheck -s -v -r.

TIA for any help.
Tommy

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Kowatsch                      | - Senior Software Engineer -
Switching Test Solutions AG          | mailto: [email-masked]
Wavetek Wandel & Goltermann Divison5 | web   : http://www.stest.com
Friesenbergstr. 75                   | Phone : +41 1 454-6731
CH-8055 Zuerich                      | FAX   : +41 1 454-6612

--

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Aug 13 18:38:29 1999

WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 3

Path:   //z/STS/TCU/buildtools/intel-WinNT-4.0/bin

//z/STS/TCU/buildtools/intel-WinNT-4.0/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin

        /WINNT/system32
        /WINNT
        /Program Files/Rational/ClearCase/bin
        /Program Files/Sybase/Sybase Central/win32
        /Sybase/ASEP
        /Sybase/DLL
        /Sybase/BIN
        .

SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
WinDir: C:\WINNT

HOME = `//H'
LD_LIBRARY_PATH = `//z/STS/TCU/buildtools/intel-WinNT-4.0/bin'
MAKE_MODE = `UNIX'
PWD = `/z/STS/TCU/thirdparty/WinNT/tcl8.1.1/win'
USER = `unknown'

!Z: = `Z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20'
CLASSPATH = `C:\Sybase\ASEP\Monclass.zip;C:\Sybase\ASEP\3pclass.zip;'
CLEARCASE_PRIMARY_GROUP = `ttsc'
COMPUTERNAME = `SRP90167'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe'
GROUP = `everyone'
HOMEDRIVE = `C:'
HOMEPATH = `\'
HOST = `srp90167'
HOSTTYPE = `i586'
INCLUDE = `C:\Sybase\INCLUDE'
LIB = `C:\Sybase\LIB'
LOGNAME = `unknown'
LOGONSERVER = `\\SRP90167'
MACHTYPE = `i586'
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = `1'
OS2LIBPATH = `C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;'
OS = `Windows_NT'
OSTYPE = `posix'
OSVER = `intel-WinNT-4.0'
PATHEXT = `.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD'
PRINTER = `edo'
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = `x86'
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = `x86 Family 6 Model 5 Stepping 2, GenuineIntel'
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = `6'
PROCESSOR_REVISION = `0502'
PROMPT = `$P$G'
SHLVL = `1'
SYBASE = `C:\Sybase'
SYSTEMDRIVE = `C:'
SYSTEMROOT = `C:\WINNT'
TEMP = `C:\TEMP'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `C:\TEMP'
USERDOMAIN = `SRP90167'
USERNAME = `kowatsch'
USERNAME = `kowatsch'
USERPROFILE = `C:\WINNT\Profiles\kowatsch'
VENDOR = `intel'
WINDIR = `C:\WINNT'
WINEDITOR = `ntemacs'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
  (default) =
`Z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\etc'
  unix = `/etc'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\01
  (default) = `C:'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1D

a:\ fd           N/A    N/A
c:\ hd  NTFS    4001Mb  18% CP CS UN PA FC     System
d:\ hd  NTFS    2148Mb   3% CP CS UN PA FC     Data
e:\ cd           N/A    N/A
h:\ net NTFS    4028Mb  87% CP CS              kowatsch
i:\ net NTFS    4028Mb  87% CP CS              kowatsch
v:\ net MVFS    1000Mb  50% CP CS              CCase
z:\ net MVFS    1000Mb  50% CP CS              CCase

C:                                                           /
native  text!=binary
Z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\etc  /etc
native  text!=binary

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cpp.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gdb.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ld.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ls.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe

Found:
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe

  371k 1998/12/01
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtcl80.dll
- os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 8:25
    5k 1998/12/01
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclpip80.dll
- os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
   10k 1998/12/01
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclreg80.dll
- os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 8:25
  600k 1998/12/01
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtk80.dll
- os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 8:28
  458k 1999/01/15
z:\STS\TCU\buildtools\intel-WinNT-4.0\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygwin1.dll
- os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/1/14 18:20

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]