Subject: Re: [ANN] Make-3.77 binaries for Mingw
From: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:03:30 -0400

On 9 Aug 1999 around 2:55PM (+1000) Brendan Simon wrote:

> I'm a bit concerned about how bug free MAKE-3.77 is.
>
> Just thought that I would mention it and if any one else has any
> versions of make that they recommend or not recommend then please
> let the list know.

I prefer 3.77 for Cygwin. It builds out of the box and I've had
no problems with it.

The pre-release versions of 3.78 seem to have trouble working
between different drives on Cygwin (source directory on one
drive and build directory on another drive). This problem may
just be with my setup... still using the "//c/" convention.

-glenn

-- 
 )      Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>      )   _       _____
 )   Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.   )_ (__\____o /_/_ |
 )  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  )   >-----._/_/__]>
 )- blue skies - happy trails - sweet dreams -)             `0  |

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]