Subject: Re: Accessing serial port.
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:48:12 -0400

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 03:32:30PM -0400, Suhaib M. Siddiqi wrote:
>I think for serial only might be possible.  In my case, I need more
>then /dev/com1.  I did try /dev/com1 on Windows NT and it was crashing,
>at least my code, with privilaged_access_violation.

That would be one of those cases where you run gdb to find out *why*
it's crashing.

Cygwin has code for supporting things like /dev/null, /dev/tty, /dev/com1,
and other things.  There is nothing magic about any of it.  It all gets
translated into normal Windows API calls eventually.

It's certainly possible that there is something wrong somewhere in
cygwin with the handling of /dev/com1 but since this functionality is heavily
used by our gdb customers it's unlikely that there is something trivially
wrong with the emulation.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]