Subject: Re: [Q]: Linking against DLLs.
From: "Gary V. Vaughan" <[email-masked]>
To: Steve McAndrewSmith <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:44:46 +0100

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 10:01:00AM -0700, Steve McAndrewSmith wrote:
> I would think that this would be a FAQ (and forgive me if it is, and I
> just haven't seen it), but how do you link against thrid-party DLLs? 
> CygWin includes import libraries for most/all of the standard Win32
> libraries, but what would it take to make an import library for any
> random DLL? 

There is some code I use in libtool for that very purpose (adapted from
code written by DJ Delorie for the next version of binutils).  Incase
you have trouble finding it (it is hidden inside the libtool script),
and for the benefit of the mail archives, I have extracted a copy and
attached.

Cheers,
	Gary.
-- 
  ___              _   ___   __              _  email:[email-masked]
 / __|__ _ _ ___ _| | / / | / /_ _ _  _ __ _| |_  __ _ ___       [email-masked] 
| (_ / _` | '_|// / |/ /| |/ / _` | || / _` | ' \/ _` | _ \
 \___\__,_|_|\_, /|___(_)___/\__,_|\_,_\__, |_||_\__,_|//_/
home page:  /___/                      /___/                pgp-2 public key:
http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk               http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/pgp

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]