Subject: Re: gcc-2.95 mingw32 MSVCRT runtime fixed/updated.
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Anders Norlander <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 14:06:08 -0400

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 07:52:20PM +0200, Anders Norlander wrote:
>Suhaib M. Siddiqi wrote:
>> > My basic stumbling block to releasing this right now is that I don't
>> > have a full version of InstallShield here and I don't want to rely on
>> > the internal group who did this last time to produce it since they are
>> > notoriously slow.  So, I was thinking of trying to just do something
>> > with a shell script and offering the option to download individual
>> > packages from the net or bundling everything up and sending a large tar
>> > ball.
>> >
>> > So, the shell script would just ask basic questions like "what packages
>> > do you want to install?", "where should I install this?" and "should
>> > this be root, then?".  There won't be any fancy graphics or anything.
>> >
>> > What do you think?
>> >
>> 
>> Personally I would prefer the Shell script to install Cygwin.  It gives
>> more control to user, in comparision to InstallShield.
>
>What about user's that don't have a shell installed?

All of the necessary binaries will be part of the install package.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]