Subject: RE: gcc-2.95 mingw32 MSVCRT runtime fixed/updated.
From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <[email-masked]>
To: "Chris Faylor" <[email-masked]>, "Mumit Khan" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:03:13 -0400

> My basic stumbling block to releasing this right now is that I don't
> have a full version of InstallShield here and I don't want to rely on
> the internal group who did this last time to produce it since they are
> notoriously slow.  So, I was thinking of trying to just do something
> with a shell script and offering the option to download individual
> packages from the net or bundling everything up and sending a large tar
> ball.
> 
> So, the shell script would just ask basic questions like "what packages
> do you want to install?", "where should I install this?" and "should
> this be root, then?".  There won't be any fancy graphics or anything.
> 
> What do you think?
> 

Personally I would prefer the Shell script to install Cygwin.  It gives
more control to user, in comparision to InstallShield.

Suhaib

> cgf
> 
> --
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to [email-masked]
> 

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]