Subject: Re: gcc-2.95 mingw32 MSVCRT runtime fixed/updated.
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:56:30 -0400

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 09:07:34AM -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:
>Those of you using gcc-2.95 mingw msvcrt runtime, please redownload.
>It was botched -- the drivers were looking in the wrong directory and
>also I had the target libraries in a directory named i386-mingw32msvc
>instead of i386-mingw32.
>
>ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/gcc-2.95/

I'm getting ready to make a B21 release.  I don't want to include gcc,
gas, ld, etc. in this, though, because experience has shown that
it just causes confusion for people later on who try to use the old
outdated version of the compiler.

So, I was hoping to either provide a pointer to your site or to
actually mirror it at the sourceware.cygnus.com.  Alternatively,
I could give you an account on sourceware if you thought it would
be useful.

My basic stumbling block to releasing this right now is that I don't
have a full version of InstallShield here and I don't want to rely on
the internal group who did this last time to produce it since they are
notoriously slow.  So, I was thinking of trying to just do something
with a shell script and offering the option to download individual
packages from the net or bundling everything up and sending a large tar
ball.

So, the shell script would just ask basic questions like "what packages
do you want to install?", "where should I install this?" and "should
this be root, then?".  There won't be any fancy graphics or anything.

What do you think?

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]