Subject: RE: problems with msvcrt
From: "Reza Habib" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mumit Khan" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 22:33:00 -0400

Hi Mumit.  Here is the output with the -v option:

D:\TEMP\MakeDatamat>g++ -g -o makedatamat.exe -v makedatamat.cpp
Reading specs from D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\specs
gcc version 2.95 19990728 (release)
 cpp -lang-c++ -v -iprefix
D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib/gcc-lib/i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\ -D__GNUC__=2 -D__GNUG__
=2 -D__GNUC_MINOR__=95 -D__cplusplus -Di386 -D_WIN32 -DWIN32 -D__WIN32__ -D_
_MINGW32__=0.2 -D__MSVCRT__ -DWINNT -D_X86_=1 -D__STDC__=1 -D__stdcall=__att
ribute__((__stdcall__)) -D_stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__
attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D__declspec(x)=__attribute__((x)) -D__i386__ -D_WI
N32 -D__WIN32__ -D__WIN32__ -D__MINGW32__=0.2 -D__MSVCRT__ -D__WINNT__ -D_X8
6_=1 -D__STDC__=1 -D__stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D___stdcall__=__
attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D__declspec
(x)=__attribute__((x)) -D__i386 -D__WIN32 -D__WINNT -D___stdcall=__attribute
__((__stdcall__)) -Asystem(winnt) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -D__EXCEPTIONS
 -g -remap -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -Di386 -D__i386 -D__i386__
makedatamat.cpp C:\TEMP\ccqbaaaa.ii
Reading specs from D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32\2.95\specs
cpp: unrecognized option `-remap'
gcc version 2.95 19990728 (release)

D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32\2.95\cpp.exe -lang-c++ -v -Asyste
m(winnt) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -iprefix
D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib/gcc-lib/i386-mingw32\2.95\ -D__cplusplus -Di386 -D_WIN
32 -DWIN32 -D__WIN32__ -D__MINGW32__=0.2 -DWINNT -D_X86_=1 -D__STDC__=1 -D__
stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D_stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__))
 -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D__declspec(x)=__attribute__((x)) -D_
_i386__ -D_WIN32 -D__WIN32__ -D__WIN32__ -D__MINGW32__=0.2 -D__WINNT__ -D_X8
6_=1 -D__STDC__=1 -D__stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D___stdcall__=__
attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D__declspec
(x)=__attribute__((x)) -D__i386 -D__WIN32 -D__WINNT -D___stdcall=__attribute
__((__stdcall__)) -Asystem(winnt) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -D__EXCEPTIONS
 -g -remap -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -Di386 -D__i386 -D__i386__ -D__GNUC__
=2 -D__GNUG__=2 -D__GNUC_MINOR__=95 -D__cplusplus -Di386 -D_WIN32 -DWIN32 -D
__WIN32__ -D__MINGW32__=0.2 -D__MSVCRT__ -DWINNT -D_X86_=1 -D__STDC__=1 -D__
stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D_stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__))
 -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__)) -D__declspec(x)=__attribute__((x)) -D_
_i386__ -D_WIN32 -D__WIN32__ -D__WIN32__ -D__MINGW32__=0.2 -D__MSVCRT__ -D__
WINNT__ -D_X86_=1 -D__STDC__=1 -D__stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__
_stdcall__=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__))
 -D__declspec(x)=__attribute__((x)) -D__i386 -D__WIN32 -D__WINNT -D___stdcal
l=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__EXCEPTIONS -Di386 -D__i386 -D__i386__ -ip
refix D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib/gcc-lib/i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\
makedatamat.cpp -o C:\TEMP\ccqbaaaa.ii
GNU CPP version 2.95 19990728 (release) (80386, BSD syntax)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:

D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\..\..\..\..\include\g++-
3
 D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\..\..\..\..\include

D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\..\..\..\..\i386-mingw32
\include
End of search list.
The following default directories have been omitted from the search path:
 /gcc-2.95/lib/gcc-lib/i386-mingw32/2.95/include
 /usr/local/i386-mingw32/include
End of omitted list.
In file included from
D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\..\..\..\..\include\g++-
3\vector:30,
                 from makedatamat.cpp:6:
D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\..\..\..\..\include\g++-
3\stl_algobase.h:52: new.h: No such file or directory
In file included from
D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\..\..\..\..\include\g++-
3\vector:32,
                 from makedatamat.cpp:6:
D:\Mingw32\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32msvc\2.95\..\..\..\..\include\g++-
3\stl_construct.h:34: new.h: No such file or directory

Hope this helps.

Reza

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mumit Khan [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, August 01, 1999 9:07 PM
> To: Reza Habib
> Cc: Cygwin Mailing List
> Subject: Re: problems with msvcrt
>
>
> "Reza Habib" <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Hi.  My code compiles fine with just the basic gcc 2.95 installation.
> > However after installing the msvcrt package for gcc 2.95
> > (gcc-2.95-msvcrt-runtime.zip) on top of the gcc 2.95
> installation, I get the
> > following compile errors:
>
> Something is obviously rotten with the msvcrt runtime drivers (c++, g++
> and g77). I won't have time to check until tomorrow, but you can restore
> the basic drivers and it should work.
>
> >
> > D:\TEMP\MakeDatamat>g++ -o MakeDatamat.exe -g MakeDatamat.cpp
> > cpp: unrecognized option `-remap'
>
> This is the first clue. It's running the wrong cpp!
>
> Could you send me the output of the above with -v option added?
>
> Thanks
> Mumit
>

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]