Subject: Sybtcl - anybody ported/used?
From: Thomas Kowatsch <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:39:29 +0200

Hi, I'm wondering, if anybody out there hase ported and used Sybtcl
under cygwin successfully. If yes:

- where is the port? what version of sybtcl?
- what version of Sybase Open-Client are you using?
- what version of tcl/tk are you using?
- is your tcl/tk a downloaded (VC compiled) binary package or
  cygnus compiled or the tcl/tk coming with B20.1?

I have tried out some stuff but finally failed. I have
- Sybase Open-Client 11.9.2
- Sybtcl3.0b3 (worked fine for sparc, solaris 2.5), linked against
  libsybdb.dll (which references a lot of MS libs and also a tcl dll
  coming with the Sybase Open-Client dist). I generated import library
  for cygnus using "nm" and "dlltool --add-stdcall-aliases ....".
- B20.1 cygtclsh (which is 8.0.2p!?) and dlls. cygwin1.dll from
  Corinna Vinschen.
- tried also with tcl/tk 8.0.5 binary package downloaded from web,
  copiled with VC++ I think, import libs created with nm and dlltool.

I would appreciate every hint or best a working solution :-)

TIA
Tommy

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Kowatsch                      | - Senior Software Engineer -
Switching Test Solutions AG          | mailto: [email-masked]
Wavetek Wandel & Goltermann Divison5 | web   : http://www.stest.com
Friesenbergstr. 75                   | Phone : +41 1 454-6731
CH-8055 Zuerich                      | FAX   : +41 1 454-6612

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]