Subject: Re: Install problems
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)
To: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Jul 1999 18:47:00 +0200

Hi Michael,

>Ive been having problems installing programs such as an x-windows server
>and shells on cygwin. I keep getting told i am missing 'cygwinb19.dll'
>and '*** is linked to missing export cygwin1.dll'
>
>Any ideas? Thanks.

Yes, you're mixing up binaries for Cygwin B19, which require
cygwinb19.dll, and binaries for Cygwin B20(.x), which are looking for
cygwin1.dll!
You should only use Cygwin B20 binaries and also cygwin1.dll, because
B19 is quite outdated.
If don't have this dll, you have to download and install usertools.exe
from Cygnus or one of the mirrors. Besides the dll you get a bunch of
GNU utilities, which are very useful.

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]