Subject: Linux->Cygwin->PowerPC.
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>, Cross-GCC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:30:05 +1000

I've managed to compile egcs-1.1.2 as a Linux->Cygwin cross-compiler.
It installs and builds executables ok, though I have not tested the
executables on a Windows machine yet.

The next stage is to build a Cygwin->PowerPC cross-compiler using the
above cross-compiler.  I gave configure the --target=powerpc-eabi and
--host=i586-cygwin32 options and tried to build binutils-2.9.1.  It
succeeded and installed in the correct place with .exe extensions.  I
thought great !! but then I thought I would try to execute them on the
linux box and they did.  eg powerpc-eabi-ar -V gave me the version
number etc.  This is obviously wrong as the cygwin executables shouldn't
run on the Linux host.  It seems that the build process is picking up
the native egcs when building binutils, instead of the i586-cygwin32
version of the egcs tools.  Yes they are all in my path.

Is there an option I have to specify for configure ?

I thinking setting CC_FOR_TARGET=i586-cygwin32-gcc will work.  I guess
all other XXX_FOR_TARGET would need to be setup correctly as well.  I
thought that specifying --host=i586-cygwin32 would do all this for me.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]