Subject: B20.1/win95 bug in bash
From: Teun Burgers <[email-masked]>
To: ML_cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:58:59 +0200

LS

I have a strange and very easy to reproduce problem. I have
a two-line script named prob (zie output
of cat in transcript that follows) in subdirectory tst
of the current directory (d:/tmp). If I invoke
this script as tst/prob I get the message
tst/tst/prob: tst/tst/prob: No such file or directory.
If I invoke it as //d/tmp/tst/prob it works as expected.
/bin/sh is the standard B20.1 cygwin gnu-bash.
Does anyone else have the same problem? I use Windows 95.

This is a transcript of my session:

erh066#1(//d/tmp)$ cat tst/prob
#! /bin/sh
echo $0

erh066#1(//d/tmp)$ tst/prob
tst/tst/prob: tst/tst/prob: No such file or directory
[exited with 127]

erh066#1(//d/tmp)$ //d/tmp/tst/prob
//d/tmp/tst/prob

erh066#2(//d/tmp)$ /bin/sh -version
GNU bash, version 2.02.1(2)-release (i586-pc-cygwin32)
Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Teun Burgers

Drs A.R. Burgers        Netherlands Energy Research Foundation ECN
Phone: +31-224-564703   Solar & Wind Energy, PV Cells & Modules
Fax  : +31-224-563214   P.O. Box 1
email: [email-masked]   1755 ZG Petten, The Netherlands

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Thu Jul 22 22:36:40 1999

Win95 Ver 4.0 build 67109814 

Path:	//d/tmp/.
	/usr/local/bin
	//d/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin
	/WINDOWS
	/windows
	/windows/COMMAND
	//D/DJGPP/BIN
	//D/INSTALL/JDK1.1.7A/BIN
	/DOS
	/BIN

SysDir: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
WinDir: C:\WINDOWS

HOME = `/home/teun/cygwin32'
MAKE_MODE = `UNIX'
PWD = `//d/tmp'

!C: = `C:\WINDOWS'
!D: = `D:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1'
CLASSPATH = `SWING_HOME\multi.jar'
CMDLINE = `d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\h-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash -login'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM'
CYGHOME = `//d/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32'
EDITOR = `vim'
HOST = `erh066'
HOSTNAME = `erh066'
HOSTTYPE = `i586'
JDK_HOME = `D:\INSTALL\JDK1.1.7a'
MACHTYPE = `i586-pc-cygwin32'
OSTYPE = `cygwin32'
PROMPT = `$p$g'
PS1 = `${HOST}#${SHLVL}(\w)\$ '
SHELL = `//c/bin/bash'
SHLVL = `2'
SIMPLE_BACKUP_SUFFIX = `~'
SWING_HOME = `D:\swing-1.0.2'
TEMP = `C:\windows\TEMP'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `c:\windows\TEMP'
TMPDIR = `/tmp'
VERSION_CONTROL = `simple'
WINBOOTDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
WINDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
_ = `//d/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/cygcheck'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
  (default) = `\\.\tape1:'
  unix = `/dev/st1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
  (default) = `\\.\tape0:'
  unix = `/dev/st0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
  (default) = `\\.\b:'
  unix = `/dev/fd1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
  (default) = `\\.\a:'
  unix = `/dev/fd0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
  (default) = `C:'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cygnus Cygwin B20
  (default) = `C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fd:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\Uninst.isu'
  DisplayName = `Cygwin B20'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20\B20.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\cygwin-B20.1
  (default) = `d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1D

a:\ fd           N/A    N/A                    
c:\ hd  FAT      N/A    N/A CP    UN       VC  CT_SYSTEM
d:\ hd  FAT      N/A    N/A CP    UN       VC  STATION_D
e:\ hd  FAT      N/A    N/A CP    UN           STATION_E
f:\ hd  FAT      N/A    N/A CP    UN           STATION_F
g:\ cd  CDFS     N/A    N/A CP                 EDUPAK3
h:\ hd  FAT      N/A    N/A CP    UN           HOST VOOR C
i:\ hd  FAT      N/A    N/A CP    UN           HOST VOOR D

C:          /         native  text!=binary
\\.\a:      /dev/fd0  native  text!=binary
\\.\b:      /dev/fd1  native  text!=binary
\\.\tape0:  /dev/st0  native  text!=binary
\\.\tape1:  /dev/st1  native  text!=binary

Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\bash.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\bash.exe
Found: C:\BIN\bash.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe hides C:\BIN\bash.exe
Found: \bin\bash.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe hides \bin\bash.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\cat.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\cat.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\cpp.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\windows\COMMAND\find.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe hides C:\windows\COMMAND\find.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\find.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\find.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\gcc.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\gcc.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gdb.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\gdb.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gdb.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\gdb.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ld.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\ld.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ld.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\ld.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ls.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\ls.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ls.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\ls.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\make.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\make.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe
Found: D:\DJGPP\BIN\sh.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe hides D:\DJGPP\BIN\sh.exe
Found: C:\BIN\sh.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe hides C:\BIN\sh.exe
Found: \bin\sh.exe
Warning: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe hides \bin\sh.exe

  371k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 9:25
    5k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclpip80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
   10k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclreg80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 9:25
  600k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 9:28
  451k 1999/03/14 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/1/16 6:09
  385k 1999/03/04 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygwinb19.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                  "cygwinb19.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/3/11 2:04
Use -h to see help about each section

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]