Subject: Re: xfree86 port
From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <[email-masked]>
To: William Gacquer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:49:21 -0400

William Gacquer wrote:
> 
> Hello
>         sorry for these question but I would be happy to know what is the
> current state of the XFree86.

The current state is; Xserver is broken.  It hangs when it tries to
connect to Xlib.

>         How long will we have to wait for it? 

If you wish you can speedup the port by joining the development team.
Right now, only 2 of use (me and John Fortin) are working on the code.
Mumit Khan had been a great help in fixing DLLs problems.  Mumit also
helped to port Glide to Cygwin and provided 
help whenever we run into compilation problem.
It is a 100 MB of source code, thus you can imagine what kind of 
problem one can run into, when trying to port a huge source code.
Unfortunately, we have to work too, and can spend only our spare time 
on this project.

>Does it still run on top of
> ggi?
>

Yes, GGI will be used too.   GGI port to Cygwin is finished, however
GGI itself is not enough.  It needs DirectX supprt on Windows. John
Fortin is working on writing a DirectX interface.

Regards
Suhaib

PS: in future please post cygwin-xfree (xfree86 port for Cygwin)
related questions  to [email-masked].

>         Regards,
>         William
> William Gacquer
> Ubi Studios - Ubi Soft Entertainment
>

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]