Subject: Re: What to do to build gmp-2.0.2?
From: [email-masked] (Marc Haber)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:58:00 GMT

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:38:02 -0500, you wrote:
>It's a simple matter of updating config.guess and config.sub in the
>gmp-2.0.2 toplevel directory. You can copy those from another GNU
>package that uses them and has the workd cygwin in it.

As I see it now, building my own packages on cygwin needs knowledge
about UNIX program development that I don't have (yet). Thus, I might
be better off living with pre-built binaries for now.

>Or, go to
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/autoconf/ and get the latest ones from
>CVS (look for cvsweb on the page and click on it, and the get
>config.guess and config.sub).

I don't have a clue about autoconf and automake: From the comments in
the files I see that config.guess and config.sub are not package
dependent, right?

>Pre-built gmp-2.0.2 (you did search the mail archives, right?):

Obviously, I did not search deeply enough. However, I usually tend to
try building software I use myself (since I believe this is how one
learns about a system), but I don't seem to be good enough to get a
firm grasp of cygwin.

Btw, is there any way to download the user's guide as a big HTML file
or a tarball? Reading it all online can be expensive and
uncomfortable.

Greetings
Marc

-- 
-------------------------------------- !! No courtesy copies, please !! -----
Marc Haber          |   " Questions are the         | Mailadresse im Header
Karlsruhe, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature  | Lt. Worf, TNG "Rightful Heir" | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]