Subject: Sourceware CD.
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>, egcs mailing list <[email-masked]>, gdb <[email-masked]>, ecos-discuss <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:51:59 +1000

Please ignore this message if you are not interested in the Sourceware
CD from Cygnus.

I wanted to order the sourceware CD for US$20.00 and found that the only
delivery option (to Australia) was for US$42 via FedEx.  Needless to say
I did not continue with the purchase due to freight charge.  I would
imagine that there would be quite a few others that would like to
purchase the CD but have not due to the freight.

The options I can think of.

1) Try to get a group purchase going for people in Australia so as to
share the freight costs.

2) Ask Cygnus to arrange for alternative delivery methods.  Normal air
freight ?

3) Ask Cygnus to arrange for an authorised local reseller to produce
copies of the CD and sell them for local distribution.  I would consider
doing this on behalf of Cygnus if no suitable reseller/distributor is
currently in place.

Can Cygnus people please email me on the feasibility of the above
options or suggest any other options.

Can Australian list readers please email me if they are interested in
getting a group buy going.

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.

PS. I also note that on US residents can subscribe on a yearly basis.
Option 3 above could allow subscriptions for other countries.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]