Subject: Linux->Cygwin->PPC
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>, Cross-GCC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:08:43 +1000

I want to build a cross compiler (Cygwin->ppc-eabi and Mingw->ppc-eabi)
with egcs-1.1.2.  I am going to follow Mumit's Cygwin and Mingw HOWTOs
(The one's I have are for egcs-1.1.1 but I assume little has changed
since these were written).  They say to get the Cygwin development
source from sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/latest.  I have done that
but want to confirm that this is the best version to use.  ie. Is there
any later snapshot of the Cygwin source that anyone would recommend over
the one in sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/latest ?

I guess I could miss the first step of creating the Linux-Win32
cross-compilers as there are some binary images on objsw.com.  They are
egcs-1.1.1 (last time I looked) but I would prefer to use egcs-1.1.2.  I
am using egcs-1.1.2 on Win32 and on Linux so I would like to avoid
mixing matching of versions.  I feel safer if I'm building egcs-1.1.2
cross-compilers using egcs-1.1.2 compilers.  Am I just being overly
paranoid ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]