Subject: Function allowed only in Win32 mode !!!
From: Emanuele Ornella <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:38:20 +0000

Hi,

I'm porting an application from Linux to Windows. I use MSVC++ 6.0 for
this. This application is a robot simulator, and the robots are
different application that the user can develop in C/C++.
The problem is that no everybody (fortunatly) use MSVC, and I want
provide with the simulator a free user compiler, like CygWin. So I
converted the .dll (using the tool you exlpain in your pages) and so on.

What's the problem on this? From the controller program of a robot an
user can use some GUI windows and widgets, the same used in the
simulator and sotred in some dlls. When a controller is launched, it
registers some windows classes, and use these buid-up windows for create

the guis. If I compile with CygWin I had an error returned when use the
RegisterClass or RegisterClassEx: "This function can be used only on
Win32 mode" (something like this; it's a translation) and then crashs.
If I compile with MSVC++ this dosen't happen!
I try with console application, and with Win32 application, using and
not using "-mwindows". I also try to use different class name for the
same type of window class.
What I thought is that maybe I have to set some flags in the makefile.
I also try some examples  in which the RegisterClassEx is used
(it's really a normal win32 application). So I don't understand why in
my application I cannot use it. Maybe it's a problem with DLL (I used
impdef.exe
utility to create the .def and so on).

If you can help me, thank you very much.

Here is the makefile

NAME = gui

LIBRARY  = -L../../lib -lController -lKhepera   -mwindows
CC_OPTS  = -c -I../../include -DSIMULATION -Wall

$(NAME):        $(NAME).o
                $(CC) -o $(NAME) $(NAME).o $(LIBRARY)

$(NAME).o:      $(NAME).c
                $(CC) $(CC_OPTS) $(NAME).c

clean:
        -rm -f *.o *~ $(NAME)

--
[email-masked]
_________________________________________________________________
C Y B E R B O T I C S  Ltd.            http://www.cyberbotics.com
_________________________________________________________________
Chemin de Valrose 1
CH-1305 PENTHALAZ - Switzerland        Tel/Fax: ++41 21 801 31 32
_________________________________________________________________

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]