Subject: Re: xterms and vi
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Ryan L McFall <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:50:21 -0400

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 09:38:03AM -0400, Ryan L McFall wrote:
>
>I know this question has been discussed before, but I've tried the
>solutions that I saw posted in the archives to no avail.
>
>I've got the X11R6.4 client libs downloaded and installed, and am trying to
>run vi within an xterm.  The problem is that programs like vi (and ftp)
>don't do their I/O in the xterm, they do it in the DOS window associated
>with the xterm.
>
>I've set CYGWIN32 (and CYGWIN) to be 'binmode tty', and have an entry in my
>termcap file for xterm (although the symptom appears no matter what type of
>terminal I've set TERM to be).
>
>I've got Cygwin-B20 installed, and am using StarNet's X-Win32 as my
>X-server.
>
>Is there anything else that I've forgotten? 

It sounds like you've forgotten to use cygwin versions of ftp and vi.  It's
unlikely that windows-only versions of those programs will work with the
CYGWIN=tty scheme.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]