Subject: Re: RCS and Samba
From: Alexander Mader <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:51:15 +0200

Dan Glastonbury wrote:
> 
> G'Day,
>   Has anyone run rcs built under cygwin on files accessed through a SAMBA mou
> nted unix directory?
> 
> I can't checkout.

Hallo,

last week I built rcs with cygwin and work successfully on samba mounted
drives.

To built I had to fiddle with the src/conf.sh in order to avoid some
problems during the make. I know that this is neither correct nor
elegant, but it works, anyway. In order to do this I just let it run
onto the config error and then deleted the according test in
src/conf.sh. There where two items not working:

	- permissions test; so I commented out this test from line 	  reading:
	  $ech >&3 "$0: testing permissions $dots"

	- memory stuff; so I deleted from line:
	  $ech >&3 "$0: configuring has_map_fd, has_mmap, has_madvise,
mmap_signal $dots"
	  to line:
	  echo "$a#define mmap_signal $mmap_signal $z/* signal received if you
reference nonexistent part of mmapped file */"

Please, let me remind you that I did not "the right thing" by building
this way, but it works -- with:

	- rcs-5.7
	- cygwin-b20
	- samba-2.0.3 on HPUX-10.20
	- NT4.00.1381 (SP3)

Best regards,

Alexander.
-- 
Alexander Mader <[email-masked]>

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]